How to Craft Your Own Mindful Morning Routine
Starting your day on a positive note helps you stay active and productive throughout the day. If you start your day on the wrong foot, you may get bothered by even the smallest discomfort; it will make you feel frustrated and trigger depressive feelings that can significantly affect the day.
The moment we wake up, we begin to ponder what our day might look like, to contemplate the things that need to be done, and then we push ourselves out of bed and get going. This way of living gives us little to no time for ourselves.
This is why a mindful morning routine is essential – it helps you pave the way towards success and prosperity.
Here are a few ways a thoughtful morning routine will help transform your life
1. It helps our mind and body to be in sync with a mindful morning routine.
2. A mindful morning routine is a wonderful exercise to make clear self-love and gratitude.
3. You become conscious of your environment and your inner self by a mindful morning routine.
4. Helps you to be in complete control of your day.
5. Boosts the immune system and renders it immune to different diseases.
6. Enhances the functioning of the digestive tract
7. Promotes better sleep
8. Helps to reduce inflammation and pain.
9. Helps in developing and cultivating healthy habits.
10. Helps you get more organized
“You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.”Maya Angelou
How to develop a healthy and mindful morning routine?
There are many morning routines that you can reap some of the benefits, like more consciousness and less stress and anxiety. It’s all about practising mindfulness and promoting a healthier morning routine that helps you start your day in the right manner. Some ways to incorporate mindfulness in your morning routine are mentioned below,
1) Sleep early: Getting a good night’s sleep is the most suitable way to reboot your body and mind. d Try to make sure that you get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night. This will help you to start your day with full energy and practice mindfulness.
2) Practice gratitude: Before you get out of bed and start your day, it is recommended that you take a moment to count on all of your blessings. Reflect on all the things you’re thankful for in your life, whether it’s the love of your friends and family or your work accomplishment.
3) Eat a healthy and nourishing breakfast: Your body needs sufficient energy for its daily functioning. A nutritious breakfast will fuel you for the day ahead. No matter if you are working from home or going to the office, you would need a balanced diet to be productive throughout the day.
4) Stay away from your phone: Checking your phone the first thing in the morning is a very unhealthy habit. It is important to fill your mind with positive and healthy thoughts. Scrolling through your phone will give you unwanted anxiety and distractions that will become a barrier to mindfulness.
5) Deep breathing: A few minutes of deep breathing as part of your morning routine will enhance calm and alleviate anxiety, boost immunity, and improve posture.
6) Journal your thoughts: It allows you to focus on what’s happening in life and around you right now. By scribbling down your thoughts and feelings in a notebook, you will understand yourself better, and it will help you directly in the right direction.
9) Yoga: Yoga is indeed a perfect way to get started in the morning; it helps ease your body while simultaneously stimulating and relaxing your muscles. Breathing slowly will also ease your mind and anxiety if you’re extremely concerned and feeling overwhelmed about the extremely busy day ahead.
10) Meditation: Meditation is an efficient choice for a healthier lifestyle, especially for the working class. It can be performed anywhere, does not require any machines or heavy equipment, and is a cheap and very effective technique.
11) Reading: Select the best books or papers that will help stimulate your imagination and success, or anything that might encourage you to kickstart your day. Motivational, self-care, and lifestyle-related books are some of the best reads for growth, just like business and management books help you find your passions. Trying to read just a few pages in the morning will help strengthen your mindset to an inspiring and fruitful day.
12) Feeling in charge: If you have many responsibilities and deadlines, you might feel like jumping between one task and another without getting anything done. You feel like your work is trying to dominate you. An efficient morning routine is a step in helping you find your focus and take control of your day and your life.
Your mindfulness morning routine should be unique to you. Your lifestyle, your preferences, and your needs. Whatever that may look like, I hope it brings you peace and helps you start your day with intention and confidence!
A simple mindful morning routine for you
1. Try to wake up early. Most people find it daunting to set the alarm for early morning. But if you go to bed early, you will be able to sleep for 7-9 hours and wake up early as well.
2. Once you are awake, do not stay in bed for a long time. Take a moment to observe your surroundings, sit up, stretch a little bit and then get off the bed.
3. Hydrating your body with a glass of water helps wake up all your organs and get them functioning. If you want, you can make a refreshing drink by adding a few drops of lemon juice. When hydrated, your digestive system will improve; you will wake up pretty quickly and refresh your breath.
4. A quick 5-minute meditation routine will help you to focus and calm your mind. It also provides the opportunity to have a valuable “me time” for a couple of minutes.
5. Exercise is one of the key steps to a productive day. If you can squeeze time to do small sessions of stretching, if not, complete workouts. Ten minutes of stretching exercises every day is exactly what you need to wake up the body and help relax all those body aches.
6. Take a nice shower. Some people prefer taking cold shower whales while others like a warm one. A shower is the best place to clean your thoughts and repeat positive affirmations.
7. Eat a healthy breakfast full of carbohydrates, healthy fats, and protein. It is well said that ‘Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.”
8. Once you are done with your breakfast, take some time to review the goals for the day and the future. Targets that are reviewed regularly are much more likely to be achieved.
A morning routine of practising mindfulness means making a focused and deliberate decision about what’s right for you rather than what’s needed and what’s are the things you need to do. When you have clarity and a sense of direction, you will be more enthusiastic and productive throughout the day.